A technical due diligence of Copper and Gold was conducted for an Indian Mineral Trading Company. The study involved detailed desktop due diligence followed by multiple site visits in and around Ambatofangehana, Antananarivo, Antsirabe and Mintirano regions.
The regional geology of the area is characterized by two geological entities: Precambrian crystalline (metamorphic formations) and Phanerozoic sedimentary formations. The prospect areas are dominated by Phanerozoic cover rocks along with igneous complexes.
The project was delivered as per following scope of work:
- Desktop and remote sensing to prioritize a few copper concessions
- Validation of surface geology, structure, copper and gold mineralization by traversing the areas
- Representative Geological traversing along and across potential copper and gold bearing formations and adjoining host rocks
- Understanding of structural complexities such as folds, faults etc, collection of structural data
- Understanding of copper and gold mineralization,
- Collection of representative samples of copper and gold from artisanal pits
- Summarizing and comparing the assessment carried out during desktop level with additional surface level information
Submission of a detailed report of the entire study with a revised ranking of all the nominated copper and gold concessions
A detailed report of the entire study with a revised ranking of all the nominated Copper and Gold concessions, recommendation and way forward were communicated to the client. The project was delivered within a timeline of 3 months.