In 2018, one of India’s largest mining companies engaged Geovale to carry out detailed assessment of some of the copper-cobalt concession in Likasi-Kolwezi area in Southern DRC and tin-tantalum concessions in Western DRC.
The following tasks were carried out to assess the concessions:
- Detailed assessment of the location, accessibility and infrastructure
- Detailed assessment of topography, drainage, vegetation, environment and social aspects
- Detailed assessment of the geology, potentiality and possible style of mineralization at the concession areas.
- Risk assessment and prioritisation based on the geology, infrastructure and geological potentiality.
- Recommendation on the exploration strategy
Geovale prioritized all the prospect areas based on technicalities and recommended for stage gated exploration program in selected areas. The project was delivered within a timeline of 2 months.